UPDATED : CHECK OUT MY NEW WEBSITE!!! www.lesdessinsdecamelia.com
Hello everyone !
I receive too many questions about drawing techniques and tricks, how to blend, how to shade, how to color. So I decided to give a few advices which can help you as well
- So first, what do you need :
For colour drawings :
Paper : Bristol A4, or "C à grain" paper (24x32cm), or Canson 180g sketchbook A4.
Coloured pencils as Faber Castell Polychromos, Maped Color' Peps - For colour drawings - Faber Castell graphite pencils (From 6H to 8B) Staedtler graphite pencils, 2B 0.5 mechanical pencil, 2B 0.5 pencil leads staedtler - For graphite drawings -
F graphite pencil for grids and outline
Tissues and Cotton buds.
- First, choose your photo to draw, if it was from Internet save it then open Gimp program to make grids.
- Make the same grids on the paper you want to draw on it.
- Then start to draw the outlines, for the portrait starts to draw the eyes and the nose...
- When you finish, erase the grids and save the sketch.
- Return to the original reference and began to colour/shade
- Start on part by part, begin with eyes, the nose, the mouth... If you are left-handed start from the right to left and if you are right-handed start from the left to right.
- When you shade, don't push to much the pencil on the paper, just work with layers.
- When you color, don't make highlights with eraser until you finish the whole drawing.
- When you think that the drawing is finished, compare it with the reference on every part, you'll definitely find all the mistakes.
- When you blend with tissues, take one tissue and cover your finger with it, and blend your drawing just like making circles! And for cotton buds, don't push on it, it will make some smudges. And remember, DON'T BLEND WITH YOUR FINGERS.
I think I gave the enough tips concerning drawing techniques, I am looking to make a video tutorial about drawing a celebrity or something like that... I hope you'll find it useful and interesting. ^^Find me on :
Facebook : Les dessins de Camélia
Official website : www.lesdessinsdecamelia.com
Twitter : dessindecamelia
Skyrock Blog : Bercu.skyrock.com